Skip to Secondary Navigation Skip to Main Content

Current Beehive


in this section

  • TANF in Dayton

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) in Dayton

a person dicing carrots in the kitchen

What is TANF?

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) used to be called welfare. TANF provides you with cash so you can get back on your feet, and you can also get job training and help finding a job. Learn more about Temporary Assistance.

Who is eligible?

To receive Temporary Assistance, you must:

  • Meet income limits
  • Live in Ohio
  • Be a U.S. citizen or a legal immigrant.
  • Have a Social Security Number or have applied for a Social Security Number.

How do I apply for Temporary Assistance?

To make sure you qualify for Temporary Assistance and to apply, contact the:

Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
State Office Tower
32nd Floor
30 E. Broad St.
Columbus, Ohio 43266
Phone: (614) 466-6282

What other services can I get through Temporary Assistance?

If you qualify for Temporary Assistance, you’re also eligible for food stamps, child care support, and Emergency Assistance. Learn more about Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Online and its services.

No votes yet
Your rating: None